VLC (initially VideoLAN Client) is a highly portable multimedia player for various audio and video formats, including MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, MP3, and OGG, as well as for DVDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols. It also can be used as a server for unicast or multicast streams in IPv4 or IPv6 on a high-bandwidth network.
VLC media player 2.0.6
This is an important update to VLC’s 2.0 series, which improves the overall stability, fixes minor annoyances and solves certain security implications.
- Improved playback for Apple-lossless audio, MKV files including support for Matroska v4, paletted codecs within AVI and FLAC
- Overall improvements through updated codecs and third libraries, including but not limited to DVD playback
- Improved Vimeo playlist parsing and HTML SRT subtitle rendering
- Solved connectivity issue with certain https servers
- Fixed crash triggered by specifically crafted ASF files (SA-1302, Credit: Debasish Mandal)
- Fixed use-after-free crash with Ogg file playback (Credit: Tomi Juntunen)
- Various OS X specific improvements and fixes
- Updated translations to 27 languages and new support for Gujarati and Aragonese
VLC media player (org.videolan.vlc) is a Mac software application that has been discovered and submitted by users of Software.com.
The latest version that our users have reported running on their systems is VLC media player 2.0.6.
Default Install Path: /Applications/VLC.app
Bundle Identifier: VLC media player (org.videolan.vlc)
Bundle Information: Copyright (c) 1996-2013 VLC authors and VideoLAN