Silverback Release Notes
Please note that Silverback no longer supports Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger or PowerPC Macs.
05 December 2013
- This release includes detection for Mid-2013 Macbook Pro's and Macbook Air's. You will see a warning on start if your device is not currently compatible.
01 August 2013
- Resolves a reported issue with video going out of sync on long sessions.
17 April 2013
- Adds support documentation for settings to use when capturing Keynote presentations.
16 April 2013
- Fixes an issue where a project would fail to export if event data was out of sequence.
- Adds support for capturing alpha-blended screen data.
7 November 2012
- Fixes an issue where sessions couldn’t be previewed or exported when “Show mouse clicks” was switched off in preferences.
29 October 2012
- Developer ID added for compatibility with Gatekeeper on Mountain Lion
- Fixes a bug that could cause the mouse cursor to stop moving during recorded drags
- Resolves two minor memory leaks
15 October 2012
- Changes to screen size during recordings is now supported
- New recovery mode for recovering corrupt sessions
- Session duration correctly updates in the UI after a session recording on Mac OS X 10.8
- Fixes a bug which affected the position and appearance of the cursor
3 September 2012
- Prevents Time Machine from attempting to backup a session whilst it is being recorded
- Improved support for third party capture devices which compress audio
20 July 2012
- Better handles a situation where the camera becomes unavailable during a recording
- Explicitly prevents sleep during recording
15 May 2012
- Using H.264 codec for file exports instead of Apple Animation
- Fixes an issue where very long sessions would fail to export
- Fixes an issue where Silverback would become unstable when the menu button on an Apple remote was pressed while a session was paused
31 Jan 2012
- Fixes a bug causing installation failure Mac OS X 10.6
- Fixes a bug causing crash on export of individual tasks
10 Aug 2011
- Fixes a bug affecting Mac OS X 10.5 users
- Fixes an issue with video capture
- Recordings can be paused and restarted by pressing ‘⌘ ⌥ ⌃ F1’
- Recordings can be stopped by pressing ‘⌘ ⌥ ⌃ F2’
- Tasks can be created by pressing ‘⌘ ⌥ ⌃ F11’
- Highlights can be added by pressing ‘⌘ ⌥ ⌃ F12’
- Documentation updated to include new keyboard shortcuts
5 Aug 2011
- Now compatible with Mac OS X 10.7 Lion
- Fixed an issue with video capture on Mac OS X 10.7
- Fixed an issue when exporting highlights with no iSight video
- Various UI changes for Lion
- No longer supports Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger
- No longer supports PowerPC Macs
20 Dec 2010
- Fixed an issue where exporting with no iSight video caused application to crash.
- Fixed issue where export from sessions recorded with external monitor attached caused application to crash.
- Fixed other issues which caused application to crash when exporting sessions.
25 May 2010
- Added session preview functionality
- Added tasks and task export features
- Added highlights and highlight export features
- Added batch export feature
- Added ability to export session notes
- Improved performance issues in some configurations
- Resolved problem preventing users registering on Snow Leopard
- Improved overall compatibility with Snow Leopard
- Improved overall stability when exporting sessions
- Fixed issue where Silverback would crash during exports of long sessions
- Fixed peculiar scrollbar behavior when editing session notes
- NOTE: When using Snow Leopard you should update to at least 10.6.2
- Fixed syncing issues
- Fixed audio issue when "Capture iSight video and audio" was unchecked in preferences
- Fixed files disappearing when non-alphanumeric characters were used in session name
- Added bulk export functionality for whole project or selected sessions (multiple select or export option)
- Silverback menu bar icon flashes when Apple Remote is used
- Added translated GUI buttons
- iMovie compatibility option added
- Fixed syncing Issues
- Fixed Apple remote chapter marker setting
- Fixed cancelling export bug
- Improved export speed
- Reduced exported file sizes
- Improved memory handling
- Fixed chapter marker bug
- Fixed intermittent exporting bugs
- Improved multi-threading support
- Added Export menu item
- Added tooltips.
- Minor adjustments to export labels.
- Improved cleanup of temporary files.
- Improved error handling when exports fail.
- Export speed improved significantly.
- Added localization infrastructure.
Silverback (com.clearleft.silverback) is a Mac software application that has been discovered and submitted by users of Software.com.
The latest version that our users have reported running on their systems is Silverback 538.
Copyright: Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Clearleft Ltd.
Default Install Path: /Applications/Silverback.app
Bundle Identifier: Silverback (com.clearleft.Silverback)
Bundle Information: Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Clearleft Ltd.